Thursday, August 12, 2010

its a GIRL!!!


Well--SHE is here! Baby Macie Anne, born on August 4 weighing in at 8 lbs 0 oz and 20.5 inches long. She is just perfect--we are absolutely in LOVE with her! Her entrance into this world makes for a pretty great story as well...

On Monday, August 2, Makena had a fitting for an Old Navy shoot in LA. So, I was feeling fine and being that the due date wasn't until that Saturday, I figured I would be okay taking her. We got there, and my in-laws were nice enough to meet me there just in case something were to happen. Of course, everything went smoothly and Makena booked her shoot for Wednesday--only 2 more days away. I REALLY wanted to see the shoot, so I decided to stay at my in-laws house and just take it easy for a few days, take her to the shoot and make it back to the desert in time to have the baby. I was actually 10 days late with Makena, so I actually figured I would be late again. Anyway, I woke up on Wednesday morning (day of shoot) feeling contractions about 30 minutes apart. At that point, I decided maybe to skip the shoot and have my MIL take her to the shoot, and father in law take me back to the desert. I figured I would have plenty of time...well within an hour, they went from being 30 min apart to being 6 min apart. YIKES! Better head to the hospital there! So, FIL took me to the hospital in Thousand Oaks, I was about 5 cm dilated...called Chris to come quick (drive is about 2.5 hours.) Within 2 hours I was fully dilated and ready to deliver. I tried holding off until Chris could make it, but we just couldn't keep baby in there! Called Chris on speaker phone and delivered baby by myself, with INCREDIBLE hospital staff. It was definitely sad to not have him there, but everything happened so fast I didn't really have time to think about it. And to be honest, I was so much better off being there--the hospital was a thousand times better than desert hospital, weather was a lot cooler, Makena made it to her shoot (and did fabulously!) and my family and in-laws were a lot closer! All in all, I think God had a plan and it played out perfectly.

Macie has so far been the absolute best baby...I know its only been a week so I am not counting my chickens, but she rarely cries and seems so mellow and content (thus far.) She is just perfect--I am savoring every moment with her because I know this will probably be my last baby :(

Makena's shoot went so well, my mother-in-law said everyone just adored her. Several times they would tell her she was all done, she would start to change out of her dress, then they would come back and pull her into another shot. The producer came up to Carol at the end and said she was one of the best, sweetest kids they have worked with (WHAT?? MY kid?!! Maybe Carol should take her to ALL of them--tee hee!!)

Anyway, here are pics of new baby Macie!!

3 comments:

The Robbins Family

Congrats Amy on Baby Macie! Your girls are darling...what a beautiful family:)

Now...A Family of Four

OMG! I was just at my parent's house in T.O.!! What luck, I missed you by two weeks! Congrats to you and your family, Macie is beautiful. xoxo

Jessica

Amy!!!
Macie is sooo cute! I can't wait to meet her! I am so excited for you, Chris, & Makena... & I can't belive how much she looks like Makena when she was a baby! Love you guys very much! Xoxoxo

  © Blogger template 'TotuliPink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP